Your adventure starts here! The Phillip and Patricia Frost Museum of Science is open. As the health of our guests, employees and animals is our number one priority, Frost Science has consulted with public health authorities to implement increased safety precautions. To ensure proper social distancing, admission will be limited and a timed ticket will be required for entrance. Members must also claim their ticket reservations online and bring their membership card and photo ID to enter the museum. Onsite ticketing options will be limited and cash will not be accepted. Groups of 10 or more are prohibited.
One Explorer ticket includes access to museum exhibitions, Aquarium and one Frost Planetarium show. Certain exhibits, experiences and programming will be modified, have limited availability or remain closed. The museum is a large, sprawling, 250,000 sq. ft facility, a significant portion of which is open-air, outdoors and naturally conducive to social distancing.
All guests must comply with all COVID-19 safety measures and all other policies at all times while on museum property including the wearing of a face covering at all times while on museum property (indoors and outdoors). To review new safety procedures, please visit frostscience.org/covid19safety.
*Special reopening rate
Ticket good for admission only on the date and time selected. All sales are final. No refunds, returns or exchanges. Ticket has no cash value. Not responsible for lost/stolen tickets. Ticket void if altered. All visitors, both members and non-members, require admission tickets. Show your printed ticket(s) or ticket barcode on your mobile device for express entry. The Member and Guest Relations Desk will be operating with a reduced functionality and will be only able to assist with membership and ticketing issues. Timed ticket purchasing and reserving will need to be done online prior to your visit.
Discounts on tickets are not available at this time. First responders, active US military and veterans with proper identification receive free general admission to the museum. To redeem, please visit the onsite Member and Guest Relations Desk.
Important Frost Science Visitor Guidelines
To ensure the safety of our guests, staff and animals, we have implemented many changes to the Frost Science experience. Here are a few important reminders:
- Face coverings are mandatory for all guests, ages 2 and older, and museum staff in accordance with CDC guidelines and Miami-Dade County orders. Facial coverings are required for entry and throughout your visit at Frost Science, both while indoors and outdoors on the property. Guests who remove their face coverings will be reminded of the mandatory face covering policy. Any guest who refuses to wear a face covering, or repeatedly removes their face covering, will be (along with their party) escorted from the museum and will not be provided a refund of any admittance fees. You may remove your face covering while actively eating or drinking but you should be stationary and maintain appropriate physical distancing. As per CDC guidelines, a facial covering must snugly cover the face and mouth, fit securely, be constructed of multiple layers of fabric, allow for breathing without restriction, and be able to be laundered and machine dried without damage or losing shape. Face coverings with holes, made of mesh, lace or yarn, or any other face coverings deemed inappropriate by Frost Science, are not acceptable and no one will be permitted to enter the museum wearing any such face covering. Face coverings do not need to be worn by persons who have trouble breathing due to a chronic pre-existing condition or persons who are not able to remove face coverings without assistance or on their own.
- All guests and staff are required to undergo non-contact temperature screenings via thermal imaging cameras upon arrival, presented by Thermal Concepts Inc. Based on guidance from health officials, those with temperatures of 100.4°F (38°C) or higher will not be allowed entry nor will those in their party.
- Elevator usage will be limited and reserved for those in need. Please consider leaving strollers at home and wearing comfortable shoes for exploring the museum via stairs.
- Water fountains are closed so we recommend bringing a reusable water bottle or purchasing a water bottle at Coffee@Science (open daily from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.).
Please make yourself familiar with our safety guidelines and policies ahead of your visit. Click here to review.
We're open every day of the year.
|Monday||9:30 am - 6:00 pm|
|Tuesday||9:30 am - 6:00 pm|
|Wednesday||9:30 am - 6:00 pm|
|Thursday||9:30 am - 6:00 pm|
|Friday||9:30 am - 6:00 pm|
|Saturday||9:30 am - 6:00 pm|
|Sunday||9:30 am - 6:00 pm|
Museum LocationPhillip and Patricia Frost
Museum of Science
1101 Biscayne Blvd
Miami, FL 33132
Paid self-parking is available in the museum garage during regular museum hours (space limited). Onsite parking will be available for a $15 flat rate (members receive a $4 discount with validation). Guests must take their tickets and pay at the Pay on Foot stations located near the Knight Plaza elevator or at the bottom of the garage entry ramp. Please note only credit card payments are being accepted at both the Pay on Foot stations and the Pay in Lane (PIL) exit stations. Members must bring their ticket to the Member and Guest Relations Desk for the discount validation before paying at the stations.
The garage contains a limited number of specially designated parking spaces:
- Accessible Parking: Parking spaces are available in the museum garage for vehicles bearing valid DMV handicapped parking stickers or license plates on a first come first served basis for vehicles with a clearance of 8’2″. For information on accessible spaces for vans greater than 8 feet tall, please call Guest Experience at 305-434-9600 or email email@example.com.
- Electric Vehicle Charging Stations: The museum garage includes six charging stations for electric vehicles.
- Fuel Efficient Vehicle Parking: The museum garage includes six parking spots for fuel efficient vehicles. Vehicles that are allowed to park in the fuel efficient vehicle spots must have achieved a minimum green score of 40 on the American Council for an Energy Efficient Economy (ACEEE) annual vehicle rating guide.
- Carpool Parking: The museum garage includes 12 carpool parking spots. Vehicles must have a valid carpool parking permit displayed in the vehicle and must have two individuals entering and parking at the station. Parking spaces may NOT be used on the days that you are not actively carpooling.
- Baby Stroller Parking: The museum garage includes two parking spots for those with a valid and visible baby stroller permit.
Street and Nearby Parking
Parking within Maurice A. Ferré Park (not affiliated with Frost Science) is available. There is also available parking at the Omni Garage ($8 for 2 hours; prices may vary). There are also more than a dozen public parking lots surrounding the museum. Visit Miami Parking Authority to find parking lot addresses, hours and rates.