MUVE is excited to work alongside our community to care for our critical coastal habitats through nature-based volunteerism. On Saturday, March 18, 2023, we will remove invasive species to enhance coastal hammock and do a citizen science-based beach cleanup. All tools and materials will be provided. We recommend a reusable water bottle, close-toed shoes, sun and bug protection, and clothes you don’t mind getting dirty!
Directions to check-in
- Check-in will be located at the picnic tables at Virginia Key North Point Beach Park. For GPS directions enter “Virginia Key North Point Trails.”
Community Service Hours
- We offer community service hours at all MUVE events. Please come find us after the event to sign forms.
- The completion of the Frost Science liability waiver is required to participate in this event. This waiver is included in the registration process.
Citizen Science Cleanup
- Download the free CleanSwell app for your smartphone prior to your arrival! Then you can submit data directly to the Ocean Conservancy’s global ocean trash database, which provides researchers and policymakers a snapshot of pollution problems and the data to help develop solutions.
- Complimentary parking available at Virginia Key North Point Trails.