Online Registration is closed for this event.
Walk-ins are welcomed and encouraged.
Join Frost Science as we work on several citizen science activities at the Virginia Key North Point restoration site including:
- Invasive Plant Documentation and Removal: Invasive plants will be removed from the site to make way for native vegetation.
- Marine Debris Cleanup: Volunteers collect trash from the beach and log each item using Marine Debris Tracker and Clean Swell, free smartphone and tablet apps.
- Biodiversity Monitoring: Volunteers observe newly planted trees throughout our restoration site as well as observing native wildlife. Observations may be logged with iNaturalist – another smartphone app.
- Native Vegetation Planting: Volunteers plant trees and grasses to enhance native habitats.
Taking place once a month, MUVE Volunteer Workdays are excellent opportunities to make an immediate impact on the environment by investing your time in one of our several restoration projects. Volunteers must only commit to a single workday at a time but can choose to do so regularly.
SPACES LIMITED! Only 50 places available. Online registration is open until Friday, September 13 at 12:00 p.m.
- Enter Virginia Key North Point Trails in your GPS.
- Park in available parking.
- Look for us at the top of the dune.