The City Nature Challenge (CNC) is a bioblitz style global competition, where citizen scientists like you observe and identify plants and animals near you! Help South Florida beat cities from around the world during CNC Weekend (April 30 – May 3) by collecting images of biodiversity (such as plants and wildlife) and uploading them to iNaturalist. South Florida has an array of unique environments, both terrestrial and marine, where diverse flora and fauna can be found just outside your door.
Join this MUVE event and help collect data during our annual CNC BioBlitz at Virginia Key. Guided tours will take place in shifts.
Shift 1 >> 8:30 – 10:30 a.m. (16 spots available, divided into 2 groups)
Shift 2 >> 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. (16 spots available, divided into 2 groups)
In order to reserve your spot, you must e-mail email@example.com by Thursday, April 29 at 5:00 p.m. A MUVE Manager will then reach out to you directly to review COVID safety protocols and provide each volunteer with a waiver, which must be completed before the event.
What COVID protocols are we implementing?
In order to provide a safe workspace, MUVE has implemented multiple protocols to keep both volunteers and staff healthy.
- At the time of arrival at the MUVE worksite, all staff and volunteers must certify that (a) they are not exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms, and (b) they have not, within the past ten (10) days, been in close contact (within 6 feet for 15 minutes or more) of any person known or suspected at such time to be infected with COVID-19 in order to be allowed to participate in the MUVE Workday.
- All Volunteers must register online and complete all required paperwork (including event waiver) prior to the Volunteer Workday.
- All volunteers and staff must wear a CDC appropriate face covering at all times. Volunteers must bring their own face covering.
- All staff and volunteers and staff must maintain 6 feet of social distance at all times.
- Volunteers will come in shifts, a max of 8 volunteers and 2 staff members.
- All staff and volunteers must fully comply with all hygiene and sanitation protocols at all times.
- All necessary tools will be sanitized before, during and after each shift.
- Available parking at Virginia Key North Point Trails