Dive deeper into the science of mummification with a 45-minute facilitated learning experience in Mummies of the World: The Exhibition. Designed for students in 4th – 12th grades (ages 9 – 18) and aligned to NGSSS standards, a Mummies of the World educational tour includes an activity-based exploration led by Frost Science facilitators, allowing students to gain behind-the-scenes knowledge of the various mummification processes seen within the exhibition.
- Tours must be booked in advance when reserving a field trip. Select the Mummies of the World Guided Tour option under the field trip details section on the field trip form.
- Maximum of 40 guests (chaperones and students) per session.
- Tours are $4 per student and $4 per additional chaperone.
- At least one chaperone must always remain with the group.
- Available dates: June 7 – August 4, 2023 (Monday-Friday)
- Available times: 10:30 a.m. or 12 p.m.
Please familiarize yourself with the content of this exhibition before deciding to experience it with your students. If you would like to include this guided tour during your field trip, please select the “Museum Exhibitions + Mummies of the World Guided Tour option in the Field Trips details drop down box on the field trip form.
Information for Families
This exhibition contains potentially sensitive content, including the mummified remains of people who lived in the past. We understand and acknowledge there are a variety of cultural and religious perspectives on the display of deceased individuals. We display this special exhibition for educational purposes. Families with younger children who may not have previously experienced an exhibition like this one may wish to focus on its educational aspects. We also ask all guests who choose to view this exhibition act respectfully and with a sense of dignity. To access our family guide, please click here.