This field trip, generously supported by Baptist Health South Florida, features a one-hour visit to the MeLaβ, where students will have an opportunity to discover how everyday choices can impact one’s health and happiness. This field trip also includes an opportunity to visit a second exhibition in the museum (exhibition depends on time of year).
Field Trip Details:
- Free admission offered to all MDCPS fourth-grade students.
- Offered Monday through Thursday on all regular MDCPS school days, excluding holidays and teacher planning days.
- Only offered August – May.
- Experience is from 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. and includes time for students to break for lunch (Please note that lunch is not provided).
- Title 1 schools are also eligible for funding that covers the cost of bus transportation (subject to availability).
The field trip also includes additional standards-based materials to help ensure the visit is well-connected to the classroom curriculum.