Have you ever wanted to visit the museum for a sleepover without any kids around? Join us for a night full of unique experiences and fascinating programming all after dark at the museum, only for adults (21+). You’ll have the opportunity to experience the exhibitions along with special themed programming and a private planetarium show.
Friday, October 18: CSI Museum
Food: check. Drinks: check. Sleeping bag: check. Crime scene tape: check?!? There is a deadly mystery at the museum and we need your help to solve it! Can you collect the evidence and put the pieces together using science? Unravel the clues from the scene by conducting experiments in our CSI Lab, including DNA extraction, fingerprint analysis and toxicology testing as you learn from experts in forensic science. Time will be ticking though as you only have until the next morning to determine your best guess as to what happened, before the answer is revealed over breakfast.
Your Adults-Only Overnight Adventure includes:
- Exploration of exhibitions* after dark, including our new special exhibition, A Mirror Maze: Numbers in Nature
- Rooftop telescope viewing and stargazing (weather permitting)
- Dance party on our interactive dance floor featuring DJ YISSEL
- A special live star show in the Frost Planetarium
- Sleep in one of our exhibitions or stay up all night underneath the iconic Aquarium Oculus
- PLUS, a light dinner, late-night snack, two complimentary drinks and a cash bar, continental breakfast the next morning and more!
Special programming around CSI Museum:
- Investigate a crime scene to solve the mystery of what happened with additional clues hidden throughout the museum’s exhibitions
- Discover the methods forensic scientists use in order to test evidence including DNA extraction, fingerprint analysis, toxicology screenings, shoeprints and more in an interactive CSI Lab with experts from FIU’s International Forensic Research Institute and Miami-Dade Police Department
- Chat with these same forensic science experts throughout the night with a late-night lecture series including a panel discussion on misconceptions of forensic science and forensic genealogy
- Enjoy a wonderfully spooky, and only slightly creepy, presentation about what happens to the human body after death featuring a local embalmer!
When the party’s over, grab your sleeping bag, travel cot or self-inflating twin mattresses and close your eyes amid one of our exhibitions!
You can find the full schedule for CSI Museum here.
* River of Grass will be closed.
Cost: $115 per person. *Please note: Open to adults 21+ only. Event takes place from 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. the following day. Registration also includes a complimentary general admission ticket for a return visit to Frost Science.
Frost Science Young Patrons with current memberships are eligible to receive a $15 discount on tickets. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register and claim your discount. Please note, there is a limit of two tickets per active account.
In Partnership With:
Drinks Sponsored By:
- $10 flat rate parking beginning at 6:30 p.m.