Join Frost Science as we work on several citizen science activities at the Virginia Key North Point restoration site including:
- Marine Debris Cleanup: Volunteers collect trash from the beach and log each item using Marine Debris Tracker, a free smartphone and tablet app.
- Biodiversity Monitoring: Volunteers observe newly planted trees throughout our restoration site as well as observing native wildlife. Observations may be logged with iNaturalist – another smartphone app.
- Invasive Plant Documentation and Removal: Invasive plants will be removed from the site to make way for native vegetation.
Taking place on the third Saturday of each month, MUVE Volunteer Workdays are excellent opportunities to make an immediate impact on the environment by investing your time in one of our several restoration projects. Volunteers must only commit to a single workday at a time but can choose to do so regularly.
- Enter Virginia Key Mountain Bike Trails in your GPS.
- Park on the left hill marked with orange cones in large lot adjacent to waste treatment plant.